Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:13-14)

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Let's Get Personal

I was contemplating giving a post on the Parable of the Sower. I just got finished spending 2 1/2 hours playing cards with my 11 year old son, after putting my 4 year old son and 5 year old daughter to bed. My wife works at night and I work during the day so that one of us can always be with the Children... I guess the Dr. Laura thing: "Why have children if someone else is going to raise them?" (Talking about child-care, not to offend any of you parents who use it; I would never...)

Anyway, I didn't expect the cards to take that long with my son. It was a great time of simple father/son interaction, where we laughed, talked, and bonded. I am glad that we did it! (What game? Texas Hold 'em of course, lol! Quite the fad these days, no?)

Earlier in the evening I left a message on my wife's voice mail so that she would give me a call when she was heading home from work. She takes about 25 minutes to travel home from work providing there is no traffic.

I sat down here on the computer after hugging my son goodnight with every intention of expositing the Parable of the Sower. My wife on weekends usually doesn't get home until 12:30 - 1 am, so I figured I had some time. Just as I sat down and brought up blogger, my wife called, much to my surprise and excitement. She said she was already in the car and coming home... Not enough time to exposit the Parable I wished to visit.

I told her that when she gets home, the house will be perfectly clean, the bills done, kids put to bed, and candles lit. I told her we will dance.

I am constructing the moment. Maybe I'll throw in some Chicago...

no

Miles Davis.

As much as I would love to be a teacher tonight, I much rather would be swinging in the arms of the most lovely and wonderful woman in the world, my gorgeous wife.

I am a blessed man... Can you have your cake and eat it too?

I am living proof that you can.

We shall see if I can make it into Luke 8 tomorrow...

6 Comments:

Blogger Kc said...

That was not only personal, it was beautiful. It is always a great blessing to hear how good God is to His own.

January 22, 2006 2:08 AM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Card playing? J.N. Darby would not be impressed. Only joking.

It is nice to read about your life outside Free grace theology.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

January 22, 2006 7:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Miles Davis!

Hmmm... good taste in theology AND music :)

& I'm glad to hear you're romantic before polemic :)

January 22, 2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger mark pierson said...

Chicago, I loved them when their first album came out "CHICAGO TRANSIT AUTHORITY". My favorite song on that album was "BEGININGS".

Good taste in music, although, judging by your age on your profile page, you were born around the same time that album was popular.

Brother Mark

January 22, 2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Thank you one and all for your comments.

I really didn't have any intention of writing goosh on this blog, but was going to keep it theological. I still will most certainly keep it that way, but with the occasional foray into my personal life.

Hey Mark, "Beginnings" is the theme song for me and my wife. We played it at our wedding and to this day I blast it loud and get goose-bumps, thanking my God that He gave me the woman of my dreams.

As for my choices in music, I have gained an ecclectic taste being the youngest of 8 children each with his or her own brand of preference.

I enjoy classical, jazz, soft, piano, latin, flamenco, reggae, country, salsa, mexican, classic rock, etc..

my favorite cds I have in my que are Jim Croce, Norah Jones, Matisyahu, Miles Davis, Jack Johnson, Jars of Clay, 3rd Day, and well, Im tired of typing. My wife and I are going to watch Cinderella Man tonight.

Hey guys,

do me this honor and favor and check out my Hasidic Jew Reggae artist, Matisyahu, in his video and song for "King without a Crown" here:

Matisyahu: King without a Crown

Tell me how you like him. He is my favorite artist right now.

Antonio

January 22, 2006 8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Antonio,
Excellent Blog brother! I have been reading here a lot lately. I think that was a cool glimpse into your life outside thoelogy as well.
Take care and keep up the good work!

January 23, 2006 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home