Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:13-14)

Friday, July 20, 2007

The Uncertain Teaching the Lost to be Uncertain too!

"I know that to attribute faith to the reprobate seems hard to some, when Paul declares it a result of election. Yet this difficulty is easily solved. For... experience shows that the reprobate are sometimes affected by almost the same feeling as the elect, so that even in their own judgment they do not in any way differ from the elect." John Calvin, Institutes, III.ii.11

“There is a spurious as well as a genuine faith. Every man, when he thinks he believes, is conscious of exercising what he thinks is faith. Such is the correct statement of these facts of consciousness. Now suppose the faith, of which the man is conscious, turns out a spurious faith, must not his be a spurious consciousness? And he, being without the illumination of the Spirit, will be in the dark as to its hollowness.” Discussions by Robert L. Dabney, D.D., L.L.D, pgs 180-181

"You may be a spiritual defector who hasn't defected yet!" John MacArthur, "Grace to You" radio program.

3 Comments:

Blogger David Wyatt said...

How can these people even be sure that THEY are elect? Unbelievable. How far from the beautiful truth of the Biblical Gospel is this, uh, stuff.

July 20, 2007 6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Calvinism is the Graceless system. Happy Belated Birthday Antonio!

July 21, 2007 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Antonio,

Several people have answered your charge to the BC team on the "Is Jesus Your Lord" post. I was wondering if you had any plans to to pop back in over there. ??

Also, I commented to you on Rose's post, and queried as to why you posted the definition of the word, unseemly. I was wondering if you might answer me. As I said, I certainly have no beef with you, personally, as I don't know you. So how could I? There are things I don't agree with you on, but then again there are some things I do. :)

July 26, 2007 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home