Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:13-14)

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Interim

There is some discussion going on concerning issues pertaining to public interest in the current Free Grace theology discussion. I have taken down the latest article for the time being until I can get some finality. There will probably be a follow up article very soon.

Your prayers for the leaders in the Free Grace Theology community at this time are very needed.

Your Free Grace Theology Blog host,

Antonio da Rosa

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Antonio,

I am sorry for my earlier harsh outburst. I am relieved you pulled the post and hope you continue on with integrity.

Missy

September 20, 2008 3:13 PM  
Blogger Looker4522 said...

I am relieved as well, for now. I was thinking about this situation in a general way. I think it is great that people had the strength to go ahead and give negative feedback (a la Ebay) to Antonio on what he posted. These folks were not the usual combatants that Antonio has firing at him. Rather, the few who posted are, I think, if not in general agreement at least on friendly terms with him. His "friends" challenged him. This reminds me of a line from a popular movie. "It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends."

I was thinking that it would be great if more internet posters challenged those on their own side when they see them going off course. The challenge therefore couldn't be so readily ignored as simply coming from some heretic trying to avoid the "real" issue.

I think it is likely that people don't challenge those of a similar theology when they exhibit questionable behavior, tactics or language for two likely reasons:
1) It will be brought up by the "enemy" anyway so why bother.
2) It may be perceived as either exhibiting or causing disharmony within one's own camp and that needs to be avoided.

For the troops to vanquish the enemy, they need to keep focused on the enemy and the enemy's evil without being distracted by less important problems within our army.

How often do you see direct refutation and challenge from "friends" in other blogs?

I just view this as a healthy sign for communication here.

September 20, 2008 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home