Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:13-14)

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Manipur, India -- Evangelism Team

Greetings all my faithful readers (all 3 of you!)

I desire your intercessory ministry for me!

On October 4, 2006, A group of 28 Americans (including me), will be travelling to Imphal (city), Manipur (State), India for a missions trip.

On this trip we will be doing saturation evangelism in many villages (going from one end of the village to the next, door to door, until done). Usually a group of two Americans with their translators and national guides can get through 2-3 complete villages door to door by the end of the trip. This may result in 24-36 Indian villages hearing the gospel! We will be working with an existing national church planting outfit who will do the follow up work of discipleship, leadership training, and assembly logistics.

The outfit that I am going with is called e3 Partners. This has been an area that they have been targeting with short term trips for over 10 years. Each time they go out there (between 3-5 times a year with an American team), they continue to train the nationals. Our group will also have the opportunity to train nationals in evangelism using the EvangeCube. We will be bringing 700 cubes with us.

Please pray for this trip. Literally thousands of people who have never heard the gospel and the name of Jesus Christ have a divine appointment.

10/4 - 5 Wednesday/Thursday
Teams departs U.S. Travel to Singapore

10/6 Friday
Travel form Singapore to Calcutta

10/7 Saturday
Travel to Manipur. In country orientation.

10/8 Sunday
Worship with local believers. Most likely I will be preaching in a national assembly. Village door-to-door saturation evangelism. Training nationals in evangelism.

10/9 - 12 Monday - Thursday
Home to home evangelism and outreach ministy.

10/13 Friday
Travel to Calcutta

10/14 Saturday
Debrief in Singapore. Day off.

10/15 Monday
Team returns to U.S.

Please pray for:
1) Safe travel
2) Protection
3) Boldness
4) Worship
5) Encouragement
6) Perseverance
7) Praise
8) Great moving of the Holy Spirit
9) Health
10) God would be glorified by the gathering of much fruit unto eternal life
11) Follow up, nationals

Thank you all for your prayers. I covet them.

Also, please pray for me this week as I prepare physically, mentally, and spiritually for the trip. I have already been experiencing spiritual warfare.

The Lord bless you all!

Antonio

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like an incredibly xciting trip. I'll be praying for you daily. Lord bless you, bro-

September 28, 2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The EvangeCube looks awesome!

September 28, 2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Bhedr said...

Oh praise God!!! You are so blessed to have this opportunity. I envy you with a godly envy. Go with the Lord brother. Oh praise His name that he is sending a sweet voice for starving ears. Oh may he lift your voice to feed those who so desperately need him. I will try to remember praying for you every day. This will be exciting. My pastor just got back from a very focused missions trip to the Masai. Praise God!!!The Gospel is going out like thunder. Soon the Lord may come and we shall see Him in all of His glory with multitudes from every tribe including the ones you will be reaching. I am so excited for you. I will be rejoicing with you tonight. Oh I wish I could go on one of these trips one day. They will be hungry ears. You will see. may the Lord embolden you with His Spirit.

September 28, 2006 6:17 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Jodie, you should buy one, they are very handy (pun intended).

Brian,

I was moved by your comment. You don't know really how much I covet your prayers and am appreciative that you have determined to pray for this trip.

You might want to check out the e3 Partners website (the link is in the OP), as they do like 120 trips a year. They are all tailored for people who don't have a lot of time (becaus of work or whatever), they last between 10-12 days each, going to many different countries of the world, and they work with existing national ministries who do the follow up. Evangelism and training are there priorities.

Thanks again to you both. It means alot that you have determined to petition the Lord on behalf of our team and its endeavors.

Many blessings to both of you,

Antonio

September 28, 2006 6:25 PM  
Blogger Earl Flask said...

Antonio, I am excited to read how God is using you. You will be in my prayers. God has equiped for great things.

September 28, 2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

May you go with the Lord's blessings. And may your trip bear much fruit.

September 29, 2006 12:33 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

Antonio,
I will also pray for you. I am glad there are people like you who are willing to go and do this very important work. God bless you, brother!

September 29, 2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger Bhedr said...

Thanks for the information Antonio

September 29, 2006 6:04 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Antonio, I too wish like Brian that I could be in your shoes on this one.

What an awesome opportunity...just remember you are going as a servant.

I will try to remember and pray for you as well.

September 30, 2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

Antonio,
How exciting for you and all that go to share the gospel to so many. Even if one soul is saved how worthwhile the journey will be. I pray many souls will be saved and that it will be a safe jouney for each and everyone of you. God Bless you all for do God's mission for us, to share the grace of God.

Cristina

October 01, 2006 3:57 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

I am so thankful for you, this group and this great opportunity. I am very confident in you and in our Father but I will keep you all in my prayers.

October 01, 2006 4:44 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Cristina and Casey,

thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.

I am getting real excited now, as I am leaving in 3 days.

I appreciate all of you lifting me up. I plan on making one more post before I leave.

Singapore airport has free internet computers interspersed around. Hopefully I will be able to leave a message there. I don't know about service in Manipur. I may be able to make it to an internet cafe to update you all.

The Lord willing, I hope to address a problem passage in John 2:23-24.

Grace to you all!

Antonio

October 01, 2006 5:41 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

What an itenerary!

We will, of course, keep you in our prayers before, during and after your trip.

May many people come to know the Lord, Jesus.

October 02, 2006 3:32 AM  
Blogger Jon Lee said...

Antonio -

Praise God that His message of Free Grace in Christ will roll from your lips to a people in need of the hope He has given. I'll pray for your Christian walk, for your fellowship with God that will allow the Spirit to work through you unhindered by the flesh. If you get a chance - read Ravi's autobiography, it gives incredible insight into the mindset of the people in this incredibly diverse land. God Bless your travels brother - I to will be in prayer for you!

October 02, 2006 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home