Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:13-14)

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Evangelism and Free Grace Theology in India

Dear Readers of Free Grace Theology Blog:

Tomorrow I set off on a journey that has been in the making for over a year. The Lord has seen fit to orchestrate a missions endeavor in the great country of India for me and 17 other individuals. During this trip, the Lord willing and providing, the glory of the Lord will be proclaimed, freedom will be preached to the captives, consolation and compassion will be shown to the broken-hearted, and the good news of eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ will be offered.

If I am one whom you consider a brother in the Lord, and I have found grace in your eyes, please bring this whole trip to the Lord in thoughtful prayer. I appreciate every petition offered on our behalf.

The spiritual warfare that has been waged against me during the course of the last few weeks has been intense and increasing as each day moves nearer our purposes.

I consider myself insufficient to rise to this task. I am humbling myself under the mighty hand of our God, and in faith, seeking His strength. May I decrease that Christ may increase.

As tomorrow draws closer, my mind wanders on those things in life which are most important to me. As I picked up my daughter this afternoon from school, she wouldn't let go of my arm, and said, "I don't want you to go to India, Daddy!" It took every ounce of strength I could muster to keep myself from tears. I love my family very much, and although, the Lord directing, I will only be gone 11 days, the thought of separation from the one's I love pierces right through me.

Of course, I have explained the purposes and objectives of this trip to my daughter. She knows that people are slipping away into eternity apart from the message of life. She considers herself to be my partner, here on the homefront. I am so proud of my kids and their prayers. They understand that such activities are a matter of life and death. As I think about the magnitude and scope of such responsibility, I cringe and feel shame that I have spent so much time lately debating theology on the internet, and have failed to a significant degree, to apply myself to the saving message of Jesus Christ and to those whom he died for.

Yes, I will miss my family!

At this time, I am reminded of a passage I heard on my CD bible in the car today:

Luke 18:29-30

So He said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or parents or brothers or wife or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, who shall not receive many times more in this present time, and in the age to come eternal life."


This will be the 4th time I have been to India, and the third time I have travelled to this part. I have family there! And many more brothers and sisters who will be born in the family of God. My heart does ache to see those whom I love over there. I wish to encourage them, and, if perchance the Lord will use me, impart unto them some spiritual blessing. I desire to share in fellowship with them, pray with them, and embrace them.

May the sufficiency be of God and not myself. May the glory be to the one who loved me, and gave His life or me. May I not fail to do the work that God has prepared for me.

John 4:34-38

Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work. Do you not say, 'There are still four months and then comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together. For in this the saying is true:'One sows and another reaps.' I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored; others have labored, and you have entered into their labors."


My desire is to plant and reap on this trip. I want to eat of the heavenly food which the Lord has for me. Would you enter into this labor with me? Your labor will receive wages! Fast and pray for this endeavor.

My brothers and sisters in the Lord: I love you, and I await the day that we will recline at the Lord's table together in the kingdom of God.

Press on! Press on! Looking unto Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him, endured the cross and despised the shame!

Let us run the race that is set before us with endurance!

your humbled fellow slave,

Antonio

PS: Please check my blog out at:

India Campaign Journal

daily to see prayer requests and updates from the field.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lord bless you wonderfully as you serve Him faithfully, Antonio.

And carry on in free grace.

October 09, 2007 5:20 PM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

Yes, Antonio,
Our prayers are with you.

October 09, 2007 8:13 PM  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

May the Lord bless you and strengthen you, Antonio.

October 10, 2007 1:47 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

The grace of Christ be with you brother!

October 10, 2007 7:21 AM  
Blogger Andrew McNeill said...

It's a great work you're doing Antonio and I pray earnestly that you will be richly blessed and that God's work will be greatly advanced by you and the others.

Every blessing in Christ,
Andrew.

October 10, 2007 9:57 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Antonio, I pray for safe travels and great service to our Lord for your team.

October 10, 2007 2:55 PM  
Blogger David Wyatt said...

Brother,

Tell them the old, old Story for those of us that can't go!! God Bless you.

October 10, 2007 6:09 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

I am here in Singapore, yall!

I cannot see the characters on the keyboard...

Thanks to you all for the prayers. I need them.

Please check up on my India Campaign Blog

for updates!

Antonio

October 11, 2007 9:11 PM  
Blogger Jeremy Myers said...

Antonio,

You okay there in San Diego? Our prayers are with you and your family.

October 24, 2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Brother. I enjoyed being part of the team with you. What a great experience. God bless.
Pierre

October 25, 2007 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home