Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:13-14)

Friday, October 26, 2007

Dialogues with the Free Grace Alliance

I recently have had the opportunity to talk to Charlie Bing, president of the Free Grace Alliance, twice over the past month on the phone. They were great conversations.

The first opportunity I had was October 2nd, the day after I posted 'Whoever [simply] believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God' (1 John 5:1). Do you believe this?. He called me to talk about this article.

He was pleased that the tone of the post was gracious and apart from the vitriole and rhetoric that has been plaguing both sides of the current debate in the Free Grace world. He also stated that, although he does not always agree with my posts, that he believed that they had strong arguments, especially the aforementioned one. For over 30 minutes we discussed some of the issues involved in the debate, doing so with great understanding and interest. His wisdom and graciousness was a testimony to His heart for the Lord Jesus Christ.

I had a wonderful opportunity to discuss with him concerns that I had in the debate. I expressed my sadness over the way that those on the opposing side have misrepresented the Refined Free Grace position, and are continuing to poison the well with their journal articles, blog posts, and emails. We discussed the use of the pejorative, innaccurate, and misleading label that some of the more outspoken advocates of a traditional Free Grace understanding have attached to the position I hold. He, too, was concerned over the same things, and told me that he had been meeting and talking with the players on the other side. Charlie stated that he does not agree with the usage of their coined label. I admitted that in the past I had been caught up in the heat of the moment, and allowed the works of the flesh to manifest themselves in my public remarks, and at the time of the phone call I had already done business with God and repented of such. The funny thing is, that I was informed by a friend that it has been floating around that Charlie called to “rebuke” me. There did not contain in the whole of the phone call a single rebuke or admonition, only encouragement and pleasant sentiments. (Shame on those who continue to poison the well and proliferate innaccurate information!)

I was thoroughly encouraged and inspired by our conversation. Free Grace theology is not a monolithic theology, but has many varying views. There is discussion over various things such as: the content of saving faith, eternal security’s role in saving faith, rapture positions, punitive aspects of the bema, millennial exclusion, aspects of overcomer reward theology, and many others. I am pleased to hear that the FGA is hosting healthy dialogues in these areas.

I also talked to Charlie Bing yesterday for about 40 minutes on the phone. This time I requested his phone call to discuss concerns that I had over comments made by Dennis Rokser on Lou Martuneac’s blog, and questions I had concerning the future of the FGA in relation to those who hold my position. Not wanting to offend anyone, Charlie stated that Dennis’ comments on Lou’s blog need to be tempered with the whole of what he stated in his address (which had 1 Cor 13, the love chapter, as its text). He affirmed the FGA welcome to all flavors of Free Grace theology, and stated that there are four different reasons to join the FGA, one of being which to participate in the discussion of those issues within Free Grace theology itself. I was very happy with these encouraging words.

I furthermore stated my concerns about those who continue to poison the well and throw around the charges of heresy and false gospel, and who email others, spreading their ad hominems. He, too, was disturbed by these things. Some of those who are not so actuated by principles of Christian love in regards to those who take my theological position are not even a part of the FGA, so we could only lament and pray for such people. Others who are a part of the FGA, Charlie has committed to continue to discuss these issues with in order for them to temper their actions and remarks.

But in the end, Charlie is the president and does not have much control over things people either in or out of the FGA say or do. He is, however, a model of temperance, patience, charity, graciousness, and Christian love. He is balanced, cautious, and deliberate in his seeking of the truth, and stated that he does not fully agree with either side. We would all do well to follow his example. I rejoice that he is the president of the FGA and I am optimistic with where his leadership will take it.

Charlie stated that he is coming to San Diego in November to attend and present a paper at the Evangelical Theological Society’s meeting (which will have a theme of discipleship in the 21st century). He graciously proposed that we meet during that time to discuss theology, promote understanding within the greater umbrella of Free Grace theology, share vision, and talk about concerns. I humbly accepted his invitation and look forward with great anticipation to speaking with him face to face.

Last year, during John MacArthur and Nathan Busenitz’s series on Lordship Salvation, Charlie Bing stated this in one of the comment threads:

“I believe that a person is saved when they believe in Jesus’ promise to give them eternal life.” (Pulpit Blog Comments)


This is exactly how I would state things – exactly. This is the type of language that others in the more traditional Free Grace position criticize. I brought this quote of his back to his attention on the phone and he responded that he indeed believes such, but that the quote itself is provided within a context of Christ’s cross work being understood. I responded back to him that I believe that it is precisely the understanding of the cross work of Christ that facilitates one being persuaded of “Jesus’ promise to give [him] eternal life.” I was encouraged to hear that he did not distance himself from his comment, but rather embraced it. I was able to see many areas of agreement with Charlie, and some where future dialogue will be necessary to facilitate greater understanding on all sides of this debate (traditional, refined, middle-of-the-road, and undecided Free Gracers). I believe that I have much I can learn from Charlie, in many areas, and look forward to picking his brain even further. I also desire the opportunity to clearly articulate my deep theological convictions to him, first-hand. I have tired of reading all the mis-information about my position in both journal and electronic media.

All in all, my conversations with Charlie Bing were both profitable and encouraging!

I also have spoken on the phone with J.B. Hixson, the new Executive Director of the Free Grace Alliance. I wanted to bring my concerns and questions to him as well, wondering what his vision for the future of the FGA looked like. He welcomed my membership and stated that he was interested in continuing to dialogue with those who hold to my theological position. We spoke for quite sometime, and I found him knowledgeable and gracious. By the end of the conversation I was thoroughly pleased and encouraged with his sense of direction and focus. In his last email correspondence, he wrote, “I appreciate you and your passion for free grace. Let's keep getting the message out. And I look forward to some stimulating theological repartee in the near future.” Charlie Bing mentioned to me that J.B. would also be joining him in San Diego and suggested we all get together during that time. I am thrilled to meet both of them.

Lastly, I have spoken with Dr. Stephen R. Lewis, President of Rocky Mountain Bible College and Seminary, who is also the Secretary of the FGA. I first talked to him years ago when I stumbled upon an endnote in Rene’ Lopez’s commentary on Romans that referenced a book of essays by various authors given in honor of Zane C. Hodges (which he was the editor of). I initially called him to find out the details of this publishing. He thought that it would be out in the following year. Well it didn’t surface and I called him about a month ago to see what the status of it was. He stated that the Grace Evangelical Society was going to publish the book. GES is in the process of getting several books out now, but that sometime next year the essay book ought to be out. I also had the pleasure of talking to him about the current debate in Free Grace theology. He is unapologetically resigned to the Refined Free Grace theology position, and has spoken to the FGA about it, asking if it would be a problem. They assured him that it would not be, to which I am thoroughly glad and encouraged. I was very pleased that someone of my theological persuasion is on the Leadership council of the FGA.

So much poisoning of the well is happening around the blogosphere, journal articles, and emails. Charges of heresy and false gospel have been fashioned to pre-empt a mature discussion of the issues by those who, I am persuaded, have felt their traditions challenged. It is most unfortunate that there has been a tireless and emotional effort, by some, to bring the GES, Bob Wilkin, and Zane Hodges into disrepute. Theological convictions can produce many emotive behaviors. The sides in this debate must become dispassionate and civil, discussing these issues in a mature and charitable way, speaking and operating in the Spirit and with love.

I have an optimism about the discussions within the Free Grace Alliance. I only hope that they can help temper those who have done much to stir the pot and emotionally turn away people from intellectually and biblically considering the various positions. We must have a mature dialogue, and a prayerful and considerate appeal to the Bible as we flesh out the differences of position within blessed Free Grace Theology.

30 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

It is a shame that there has been so much reaction and anger towards the Hodges/ Wilkin position.

October 27, 2007 2:17 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

Antonio,
Welcome back!
What a great post. I appreciate the tone of your writing here.

I agree with Matthew.

October 27, 2007 8:26 AM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

BTW,
Your links in this post are not working.

October 27, 2007 10:55 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Hey Matthew,

yes it is lamentable...

Hey Rose,

thanks for the hoorays.

I fixed the problem. When you type in word and then paste into the blogger, the quotation marks are not the same. You have to switch the marks in the blogger field for the links to work. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Antonio

October 27, 2007 11:35 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Perreault said...

Antonio,

While I do not agree with your refined Free Grace position, I do appreciate the rational tone of this post. I believe this aids in our mutual endeavour to "search the Scriptures to see whether these things are so".

I affirm your evaluation of Charlie Bing's and J.B. Hixon's characters, as Liam and I have found them to be very approachable and gracious.

I just want to comment on a quote you presented by Charlie Bing from the Pulpit Magazine (if I remember correctly). You seemed to present Charlie's quote as if he agreed with your "refined Free Grace" position. While Charlie is very gracious and reasonable, I think we need to be clear that this is not the case. As you said, Charlie has indicated to you that he does not fully agree with your postion ("either side" as you say). He has indicated similar sentiments to me. I believe we see a more balanced and accurate view of Charlie's beliefs by considering another of his quotes. In one of his JOTGES articles, "The Condition for Salvation in John's Gospel", he writes, "First, we must give people something to believe. Since it is the object of faith that saves, there must be meaningful content about that object, which is Jesus Christ Himself. We should present Jesus as the Son of God who died for our sins (1:29) and rose again. Content-less emotional appeals are not enough. It will do no good to call people to believe in something empty or erroneous." Obviously this is only a brief quote, but I believe it serves as one example of my point.

October 27, 2007 5:26 PM  
Blogger David Wyatt said...

Bro. Antonio,

Bravo!! Amen! Great post. I especially appreciate your final words: "We must have a mature dialogue, and a prayerful and considerate appeal to the Bible as we flesh out the differences of position within blessed Free Grace Theology."

By the way, I have prayed for you & the folks there in CA. Are the fires near you? Isn't it wonderful to know that if this earthly tent is taken, then we have an eternal building in the Heavens!! Even if the wholeworld comes crashing down, we are in Him who is our Rock & very present Help in trouble!! God Bless you brother! Welcome home.

By the way, I also am hopeful about the dialogue, since I believe both "camps" have great points & all are brothers & sisters in Christ. I admit I have differences, but at the end of the day, it is Christ alone who saves!

One mo' thang! I wanted to publicly thank you again for giving me this opportunity to post on this blog. I don't deserve it, but I certainly appreciate it.

October 27, 2007 7:43 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Hey Jonathan,

Thanks for your visit. I appreciate that you take time to comment.

Considering I did say that he does not fully agree with my view or yours, I do not believe that one would take it that I provide the quote to show that he agrees with consistent (Refined) Free Grace. I share the quote to illustrate some agreement between his position and mine, and to show that he currently uses the same language that I use, which others of your position have criticized. I do believe I clarify his position concerning the quote when I stated this in the post

"I brought this quote of his back to his attention on the phone and he responded that he indeed believes such, but that the quote itself is provided within a context of Christ’s cross work being understood."

It is altogether interesting to note that the quote is his summary statement on how someone is saved: by believing in Jesus' promise to give them eternal life.

Certainly, Charlie posits necessary prerequisites to this. But, pragmatically speaking, so do I. I believe there will be necessary psychological prerequisites.

Just thinking out loud: The quotation you use of Charlie is over 11 years old, not to say that he still doesn't hold to it. Yet, I feel quite confident that in those years that Charlie, himself, has refined his soteriological positions, and quite possibly has changed his mind on a few things...

Anyways, thanks again for your participation.

To the rest, I do not want to give the impression that Charlie Bing aligns himself with a refined Free Grace theology. He has stated to me that he is somewhere in the middle between a traditionalistic position and where I find myself.

Antonio

October 27, 2007 8:09 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Hey David,

You are forever optimistic and encouraging, and I appreciate you as a FG brother. Thanks for your words with their healing qualities.

San Diego County has had a major disaster. I am 5 or 6 miles away from the closest fire. The air quality is very bad, and much dust, ash, and soot continues to fall at my house.

With such disaster comes the opportunities to share the love of Christ with those whom He died for, yet have not experienced the gift of His love. Please pray for those churches who are faithful to Christ to have an impact on those whose temporal lives lie presently in rubble.

Thanks for the welcome home. I hope to share more stories and pictures soon, quite possibly this week.

Antonio

October 27, 2007 8:21 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Perreault said...

Antonio,

Please bear with me as I attempt to reason with you. At the conclusion of my statements I will present you with two important questions.

I would like to expound on the following statement by Dennis Rokser (posted on Lou Martuneac’s blog on October 21, 2007). Rokser writes:

"Dr. Charlie Bing made it clear in his plenary session that while we must be gracious in our manner, the FGA stands behind their covenant/statement of faith:

'The Grace of God in justification is an unconditional free gift. The sole means of receiving the free gift of eternal life is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, whose substitutionary death on the cross fully satisfied the requirement for our justification. Faith is a personal response, apart from our works, WHEREBY WE ARE PERSUADED THAT THE FINISHED WORK OF JESUS CHRIST HAS DELIVERED US FROM CONDEMNATION and guaranteed our eternal life' (bold added).

Dr. Bing then proceeded to clarify that that 'finished work' involves the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and that those who cannot agree with that statement should not be in the FGA."

In addition to what Dennis Rokser has said in the quote above, let me point out that Rokser's sentiments are also in writing at the FGA website. Under the "Join FGA" tab, we read:

"Membership first means standing in agreement with the Free Grace Alliance. Our beliefs are stated in our covenant and we ask that all individuals who wish to join us agree with us on these central issues."

Now to actually "AGREE" with the aforementioned FGA covenant/statement of faith, it seems Antonio da Rosa & Co. would have to CUT and EDIT sections to read as follows: "Faith is a personal response, apart from our works, whereby we are persuaded that . . . Jesus . . . has . . . guaranteed our eternal life."

Antonio, PLEASE EXPLAIN this apparent paradox (contradiction). How can you in good conscience join the FGA when:

1) The FGA says in writing that members have to agree on the "CENTRAL ISSUES" stated in their covenant (one of which is stated above).

2) As I understand your bold statements over the past few months, you DO NOT AGREE with one of the “CENTRAL ISSUES” of the FGA covenant that Dennis Rokser and I have set forth above regarding the content of “saving faith”.

October 27, 2007 8:30 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Hey Jonathan,

I have no problem agreeing with the statement.

The finished work of Jesus Christ is essential to the guarantee of eternal life, and as a personal response, I am persuaded of this fact, in other words, I have faith that Christ's work indeed paid the price fully for my sin, and His blood made provision for the guarantee of eternal life that Christ offers to all who place their trust in Him.

I must say, Jonathan, that you are taking a brisk approach with me. I am under no conviction to leave the FGA, and have been welcomed by both the President and the Executive Director. I will remain in the FGA and discuss and dialogue with those who share a rich theological heritage with myself. Charlie Bing has made it clear to me that there is a place for me in the FGA, and I am honored and pleased that there is.

It is odd that you are taking this approach, and I feel that you may be outstepping your bounds. It may be that you recently joined the FGA, but according to their 2007 member directory that I possess in my hands, your name is absent from their list, as is Tom Stegall. And even if you are now a member, then we are merely on even ground, peers, we might say.

I am happy to dialogue with you, and I look forward, as does Dr. Hixson and Dr. Bing, to meeting with them for some "stimulating theological repartee". I have a great desire to flesh these things out in a mature and godly fashion. I will give you every opportunity to interact with me and my posts, providing you do so with the proper motives and attitude, and would love to come interact with yours, and I commit to do so in my integrity.

Now, you can continue to stir things up with provocative comments such as your last, or choose to get on board with the leadership of the FGA, who have stated their desire to dialogue and discuss these issues in a mature, civil, and loving environment, which they are providing. They desire to facilitate understanding and sincere truth-seeking among Free Grace brothers.

This seems off: What is this "Antonio da Rosa and Co."? You are edging toward a mode of discussion that this post speaks against. I would appreciate that if you are going to dialogue with me and comment on my blog that you do so with civility, courtesy, and brotherly kindness.

I have considered deleting this post, and sending it back to you in order to edit and resend. But I will leave this one here and ask that if you choose to participate in the future, that you do so in a manner that will bring honor to the Lord Jesus Christ, whose work on the cross was the essential foundation for so great a salvation as we now enjoy.

I have enjoyed quite friendly and courteous relations with you since we have met. I look forward to many more.

Desiring for you every blessing in Christ,

Antonio

October 27, 2007 10:31 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Hey Jonathan,

Furthermore, with all due respect, my membership in the FGA is something between me, the leadership, and our God. I have no intentions of leaving the FGA; and I have no intentions on discussing this further, and kindly request that you honor this on my blog.

Rather, let us be about the business of clearly articulating our beliefs by a well-reasoned and dispassionate appeal to the Scriptures we both hold so dear.

Thank you for your anticipated compliance.

Every blessing in Christ,

Antonio

October 27, 2007 10:44 PM  
Blogger alvin said...

Here is my two cents.
They said:
>the grace of God in justification is an unconditional free gift.
I say:
Absolutely
Note: (I believe by them using the word justification this is bringing in the judicial side.)
They said:
>the sole means of receiving the free gift of eternal life is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, whose substitutionary death on the cross fully satisfied the requirement for our justification.
I say:
Here I believe they are stating the object of faith (Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God)and also how Jesus accomplished our justification. To me the word (means) implies not only the object of faith but how He saved us.
They said:
>faith is a personal response, apart from our works, whereby we are persuaded that the finished work of Jesus Christ has delivered us from condemnation and guaranteed our eternal life.
I say:
Tome this is another way of saying “faith alone in Christ alone.”
Blessings alvin

October 27, 2007 10:59 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Hey Alvin, brother!

Thanks for your two cents (they are the last that we will entertain on this subject).

BTW, how did you like the quote from Charlie Bing? I thought is was excellent.

Antonio

October 27, 2007 11:05 PM  
Blogger alvin said...

Excellent Brother Antonio!!!

October 27, 2007 11:08 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Perreault said...

Brother Antonio,

Thank you for your thoughts. I will honor them on your blog. Also, thank you for saying:

"I will give you every opportunity to interact with me and my posts, providing you do so with the proper motives and attitude, and would love to come interact with yours, and I commit to do so in my integrity."

October 28, 2007 12:58 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Hey Jonathan,

I delight in you brother! Give us a call sometime. We still have to get that three way call with Liam! I am off this week from work, so anytime you are available, lets rap. If you have lost my phone number, let me know by email and I will send it your way:

agdarosa@cox.net

Blessings to you, brother,

Antonio

October 28, 2007 1:10 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Antonio,

Your dialogue with Charlie warmed my heart. I am encouraged. God is answering prayer!

All because of His wonderful grace,
Diane
:-)

October 28, 2007 10:27 PM  
Blogger mrflyguy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 29, 2007 5:24 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Always some fly trying to get into the ointment...

Your disruptive and red-herring comments are not welcomed here, Mr. Fly Guy. Please refrain from posting here with your morning old pseudo-name which was only created to stir up the type of dialogue this post speaks against. Your comments will be immediately deleted.

Antonio

October 29, 2007 7:35 AM  
Blogger Jeremy Myers said...

Antonio,

Thanks for this post.
Very gracious and well written.

Some of the tactics used against us truly have been underhanded. Recently, someone who posted a comment for the first time on my blog e-mailed me saying that after he commented, someone from the opposition (who will go un-named) gleaned his e-mail address from my blog and sent him a very nasty e-mail about Bob, Zane, and myself. He doesn't agree fully with me, but was shocked (as was I) that someone would stoop so low to such tactics. It really is baffling.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Jeremy Myers

PS, Sorry I missed your call on Friday. My wife enjoyed talking to you! Ha ha.

October 29, 2007 8:35 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Antonio,

I am not writing to interact on FGA politics. I simply cannot see how you can sincerely say you agree with the FGA's definition of faith in the context of salvation:

"...faith is a personal response, apart from our works, whereby we are persuaded that the finished work of Jesus Christ has delivered us from condemnation and guaranteed our eternal life."

Who cannot see this statement, as it currently stands, highlights the necessity of believing in the "finished work of Jesus Christ" for salvation??

Accordining to the view you have articulated, Antonio, the phrase "the finished work of..." is not an essential element to this statement. Instead, Antonio, you would say that a person is saved when he is "persuaded that Jesus Christ has guaranteed eternal life" even if he does not believe the "finished work of Jesus Christ".

As a matter of fact, Antonio, the statement of FGA is exactly what we (the "Traditional Free Grace" people whom you oppose) have been saying.

Antonio, would you admit that according to the statement above, it is ESSENTIAL to believe "the finished work of Jesus Christ has delivered us from condemnation and guaranteed our eternal life..." or is that non-essential so long as a person believes "Jesus Christ has guaranteed our eternal life".

-- Greg

October 29, 2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Hey Greg,

The question has been answered above. I have agreed with the statement as I read it. In this light, I have already commented my last on this FGA statement and have asked that the discussion turn to more fruitful things, like fleshing out the issues at hand, rather than stirring the pot and facilitating discord. Therefore I will not entertain any more discussion on their doctrinal statement. I have said all that I am going to say on the matter, and this is sufficient.

I have been a member of the FGA since its inception. I am perusing their 2007 directory and am failing to see your name.

You are welcome here, Greg. I hope that you will stick around and dialogue with me. I believe it would be beneficial to all.

Blessings to you brother,

Antonio

October 29, 2007 2:05 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Hey Diane,

You are a beloved sister, and I have appreciated all of your comments that you have both recently and in the past left on this blog and others. Thanks for your encouragement. I know that you are a big fan of Charlie Bing, as I am as well. It would be awesome sometime to talk on the phone. If you would like, please email me, and I will give you my phone number:

agdarosa@cox.net

Your fg brother,

Antonio

October 29, 2007 2:07 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Hey Jeremy,

It was great talking to you on the phone today.

I, too, have received such emails from people who have been disturbed by some antagonist(s) who have been disseminating less-than-loving sentiments about you, me, Zane, and Bob.

I pray that all goes well with your school, ministry future, and adoption plans. I believe that we will share an enduring friendship.

your forever brother,

Antonio

October 29, 2007 2:10 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Antonio,

I cannot find the answer to my question about how you can agree with the statement that, in the context of salvation, faith is defined as the persuasion "that the finished work of Jesus Christ has delivered us from condemnation and guaranteed our eternal life."

You noted that you are personally persuaded that Christ's work has indeed paid your sin and His blood made provision for the guarantee of everlasting life.

However, the question is not whether you personally see Christ's work as the ground of salvation. It is whether you believe the lost must believe in "Christ's finished work" for salvation.

Please notice the context:

2. The sole means of receiving the free gift of eternal life is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, whose substitutionary death on the cross fully satisfied the requirement for our justification.

3. Faith is a personal response, apart from our works, whereby we are persuaded that the finished work of Jesus Christ has delivered us from condemnation and guaranteed our eternal life.


As you can see, the context of that statement regards how the lost receive everlasting life. It is clearly stated that the condition for everlasting life is faith in Jesus Christ, and this is specifically defined as being "persuaded that the finished work of Jesus Christ has delivered us from condemnation and guaranteed our eternal life."

Antonio, do you believe the lost must believe "the finished work of Jesus Christ has delivered [him] from condemnation and guaranteed [his] eternal life"? If not, please explain how you agree with that statement which specifically regards the condition to salvation.

You noted I am not a member of FGA. Please note I already stated that I am not interesting in speaking about FGA politics. I am interested in how your view fits with the statement (regardless of who made it) that the condition to salvation is to believe "the finished work of Jesus Christ has delivered us from condemnation and guaranteed our eternal life".

-- Greg

October 29, 2007 7:20 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Hey Greg,

I have answered all I am going to answer, as I said. You are continuing to badger me against my wishes. If you are not a part of the FGA, why are you harassing me about my agreement with their doctrinal statement? It is incongruent. You have no vested interest in that I meet your standards of consistency in my affirmation of the FGA doctrinal statement. None whatsoever. This discussion is totally unfruitful. I will not respond to any more hounding about something you have absolutely nothing to do with.

Suffice it to say, I agree with the statement as I interpret it. I interpret #3 based upon my understanding of #2.

That is my last word.

I politely ask you to refrain from any more interogation on this subject. Thanks for your expected compliance.

I look forward to a profitable discussion with you in the coming months as we discuss pertinent issues.

I am praying for blessings on you, brother,

Antonio

October 29, 2007 8:17 PM  
Blogger mrflyguy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 30, 2007 8:30 AM  
Blogger Jeremy Myers said...

Antonio,

I too appreciated our conversation yesterday. It's always a pleasure to talk to yo online and on the phone. Keep up the good work!

October 30, 2007 10:24 AM  
Blogger mrflyguy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 30, 2007 12:31 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

This is my blog and I have asked something simple. Why there are those who insist to go agianst my wishes is beyond me. Concerning any discussion of the FGA statement of faith, I am said all I am going to say. I agree with it as I read it. This thread is closed.

Antonio

November 01, 2007 7:43 AM  

<< Home