Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:13-14)

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Backhanded concession?

I thought this was an interesting quote that I found from a blog that was written today:

"Roman Catholics and Mormons believe in Christ, faith, grace, and the glory of God. It's the 'alone' that separates Biblical doctrine from Romish doctrine. With Christian leaky-canon pop-off-ets, Roman Catholics and Mormons believe in the Scripture. It's the 'alone' that distinguishes the one from the other."

It wasn't from a Free Gracer.

It was from a 5 pointer:

Dan Philips of

Pyromaniacs

It is an interesting quote in light of the conversations that I had been participating in last month...

Antonio da Rosa

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

What happened to that old trickster, the 'Different Jesus'?

June 28, 2006 12:28 AM  
Blogger Bhedr said...

This is was the case that I was trying to make a couple of months ago. You guys meet back up with each other in the end.

June 28, 2006 8:03 PM  
Blogger Bhedr said...

I'd like to offer another thought Brother. And I do think you are a brother. Sometimes I have wondered who you are as you are a bit of a mystery at times, you seem sincere in faith. I am learning that we all can be like Peter walking on water. For some reason after having first looked to Christ we then return to all kind of reflective elements that serve only to illuminate the wind and the waves, but praise God his arm is there to catch us.

Brother, It is just as serious a thing to doubt the Person of Christ as it is to doubt his grace.

Steve Sensing tried to communicate something to Dan Phillips...the five pointer in his session on "Ye search the scriptures thinking that in them you find eternal life, but these are they that testify of me."
I was somewhat let down a few days ago already by his post buffeting the importance of seeing *Who He Is* and not just seeing the inscription or the doctrine that testifies of Him.
I hope Dan now see's what Steve Sensing was trying to communicate.I felt a little bit of Steves frustration. I feel it now in my inablility to communicate the importance of this to you. For some reason Dan has took to looking at the wind and the waves again or something and both of you in your hopes to defend your positions have placed the Person of Christ in the back seat again.

I hope that one day, you guys see how serious this is. No, No, I am not trying to cast anyone into hell. I want to believe that you guys are doing the Peter thing. I have been there. Unfortunately not grasping the importance of this will lead others away from first looking to Christ if faith. He is the object of our hope. To doubt his person *is* to doubt his grace.

I am growing weary of this debate. Take care you guys.

I am very thankful for Bobby Grow, Jonathan Moorhead, The Coles and others who see the importance of this. Perhaps they will convince you one day. I don't know

June 29, 2006 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home