Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:13-14)

Monday, October 09, 2006

Meitei Tribes: Imphal, Manipur -- Sunday, Monday

Greetings from the beautiful and fascinating land of India!

I don't have a lot of time because I have been invited to a church tonight for authentic curry!

Sunday:

Woke up very early and went to two national churches. I preached at both. I was able to drop off cubes at the first. At the second I taught how to evangelise using the EvangeCube. I took 10 leaders from the church and taught them, then we went around their village using the cubes and their new found confidence to preach the gospel. 15 people came to the Lord, including the sister-in-law of my interpreter and her family.

Monday:

Woke up very early and headed to a large village with 24 americans and our guides and interpreters. I spent the day presenting the gospel to groups of people my interpreter rounded up (as did everyone else). Every family I spoke to professed that the beleived into Christ for eternal life. I was able to give the families a New Testament in their language. Not including children, around 30 adults believed. My partner was able to speak at a school and preached to all the children there. I believe that over a thousand will come to Christ by the time the trip is over. I suspect well over a thousand.

The interpreters are all pastors, evangelists and missionaries. I am impressed by their dedication to the Lord. It puts the American church to utter shame.

Thank you for your prayers. Please continue to pray for conversions and health and all that.

Please be in prayer for all the follow-up that will be required!

in the love of Christ,

Antonio

6 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Sounds like your trip is going well.

May it bear much fruit.

October 09, 2006 8:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, it is great to hear about such a beautiful response to the outreach of you and your team :) I'll be praying for the salvation and discipleship of over 1K in Manipur:) Glad your getting (more?) experience preaching, too.

:)

Blessings, bro~

October 09, 2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger Rose~ said...

Please be in prayer for all the follow-up that will be required!


We will pray for your current work and for that which you mention above.

God bless you!

October 10, 2006 8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those folks need to hear the gospel. We know you're just the guy to give it to 'em!

October 10, 2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

Amen Bud!

Praise God for the blessings! You all remain in my prayers.

October 11, 2006 1:59 AM  
Blogger Bhedr said...

Keep a going

October 14, 2006 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home